Thursday 24 September 2009

Light the way, hassle free...


Soon, it'll be the time of year when lights will be needed again. Sorry to be the bringer of doom, but it's best to be prepared! I think I have the best lights for a Brompton, bar the official Brompton ones (though I would still tandem these with some auxiliary lights), the Topeak ComboLite lights. Now these don't seem much to look at but I can assure they do the trick. First off, they are cheap, admittedly not always a good start, but in this case I think it is. They are small, require no permanent fixings, batteries seem to last forever (manufacturers state 60 hours use on constant, but I'm sure mine have lasted longer than this), multiple functions and they weigh next to nothing. I think the best feature of these lights is the fact they can stay on the Brompton when folded. I'm a forgetful type and one of the things I always forget is lights, plus if you go riding during the day and end up staying out until the darker hours and you haven't remembered your lights you become one of those plums who ride in the dark without lights...Bonnet fodder. So I leave mine on, they've been on all summer, I've not used them but there they are, just incase! Another plus is that I use my rear light as a stopper to prevent the extended seat post from hitting the road when I fold. It's only a small thing but it helps speed up the folding process. Now I have got the rear light teamed up with a Cateye TL-LD170 as I was going through a period of severe invisibility but I think for the average rider the Topeak Combolites would suffice. Also worth noting is that SJS-Cycles sell these as well as lots of other Brompton goodies...Go on, treat yourself and don't get run over!

No comments:

Post a Comment